#16DaysChallenge: What are you doing to end violence against women and girls?
Date: Monday, November 22, 2021
The UN Secretary-General’s UNiTE by 2030 to End Violence against Women campaign is marking the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-based Violence (25 November to 10 December 2021) under the global theme, “Orange the World: END VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN NOW!”.
This year, together with partners in the Arab States region, we are inviting you to participate in our #16DaysChallenge and share with the world the actions you are taking to end violence against women and girls.
HOW TO participate?
Just follow these steps:
- Think: Are you already working to end violence against women and girls? We want to know what you are doing in your everyday life to end violence against women and girls.
If you are not involved in this area yet, don’t worry, you can still participate. Just tell us what you can do to end violence against women and girls: For example, you can:
- Listen to and believe survivors of violence
- Support a survivor of violence to get help
- Share information about services or raise awareness on your social media
- Stand-up to protect women if you see violence
- Volunteer at a hotline
- Educate young people in your community on how to prevent and stop violence against women and girls
- Donate to a shelter, etc.
- Take a selfie or a video: We would like to see you in action! Take a selfie or short video where you explain what you do -or can do- to end violence.
- Create your social media post: Between the 25th of November and the 10th of December, post your selfie or video on your favorite social media channel including a brief text explaining how you are taking action to end violence. Make sure to tag @unwomenarabic on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and add the hashtags #16DaysChallenge and #OrangeTheWorld. You can also add the following link for information and resources to address violence against women: http://unwo.men/B5OJ30s02OK.