Established in December 2012, the UN Women Country Office for Jordan works in close collaboration with the Government of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, the UN Country Team and the Civil Society to advance the women’s national agenda, promoting women’s empowerment, women’s rights and gender equality.
Our initiatives target the following areas of interest:
- Women’s Economic Empowerment. UN Women supports the economic empowerment of Jordanian women, with a special focus on the most disadvantaged groups.
- Financing Gender Equality. By promoting the concept of gender-responsive budgeting, UN Women Jordan advocates for better monitoring tools and inclusive policies in financing gender equality in national institutions and in the UN system.
- Leadership and Political Participation. UN Women empowers Jordanian women to participate in municipal and parliamentarian elections and trains the youth to become advocates for women’s rights in their communities.
- Ending Violence Against Women. UN Women engages the Civil Society and various national partners in preventing and combating violence against women as well as by providing assistance to survivors of gender violence in various Governorates of Jordan.
- Response Recovery and Resilience. UN Women Jordan established a number of facilities to respond to the specific needs of Syrian women refugees both in camps and non-camp settings.
- Post 2015 Development Agenda and Beijing+20. UN Women Jordan is engaging its civil society partners in the global dialogue on the Post-2015 Development Agenda as well as in the preparations for the 20th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action.
- For more information on the work of the UN Women Country Office for Jordan please visit our website at http://jordan.unwomen.org/en
or follow us on Facebook