Applications are now open for the Global Award for Women’s Empowerment
The call for applications for the Global Award for Women’s Empowerment opened on 1 April 2018 and will run through 31 August 2018 (GMT+3), under the “Apply now”.... Learn more
UN Women launches a memorandum of understanding with the Islamic Relief Worldwide
The bilateral meeting activated a partnership of strong collaboration and mutual-interest through a memorandum of understanding Learn more
Balqees Fathi named first Planet 50-50 champion for the Arab states Region
Balqees visits UN Women Regional Office for Arab States after being named the first regional Planet 50-50 champion for Arab States. Learn more
Syrian Women Peacemakers
In an effort to build consensus to end the Syrian crisis, a group of over 130 Syrian women political and civil society activists met in Lebanon from 20-22 May and overcame significant political divides to forge a statement of unity. Learn more
Born in the city of Muharraq in the palace of her paternal grandfather, the late Shaikh Mohammed bin Isa bin Ali Al Khalifa. She was brought up in the city of Riffa in the care of her maternal grandfather. More
- Here's Why Syrian Women are Integral to Peace
- Algeria’s female football team, playing football to break stereotypes.
- United Nations agencies and civil society organizations call for the repeal of gender-discriminatory nationality laws
- For women in Gaza, having their own income is key to changing power dynamics at home
- Syrian women come together to create a common framework for their movement
- Take five: “Roller derby and sport, in general, is empowering for women”.
For more stories, survey results, and what you can do to promote gender equality, see the International Men and Gender Equality Survey – Middle East and North Africa (IMAGES MENA), coordinated by Promundo and UN Women, at www.imagesmena.org. This film is one of a series of IMAGES MENA documentaries and dramatizations from Lebanon, Morocco, Egypt, and Palestine. Watch all of the films at www.imagesmena.org