- Intergovernmental processes (6)
- Commission on the Status of Women (4)
- Beijing Platform for Action (2)
- Government contributors (1)
- Human rights (1)
- Leadership and political participation (1)
- Local development (1)
- UN Women administration (1)
- Gender, culture and society (1)
- Economic empowerment (1)
- Education (1)
- Gender equality and women’s empowerment (1)
- Deputy Executive Director, Intergovernmental Support and Strategic Partnerships (1)
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) (1)
- 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (1)
- Civil society (1)
- Governance and national planning (1)
- Ending violence against women and girls (1)
- Show more Hide
Monday, March 9, 2020
The Political Declaration adopted today is the outcome of the 64thCommission on the Status of Women, taking stock of women’s rights on the 25th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action
Monday, March 2, 2020
In light of the current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the UN Secretary-General has suggested to the Chair of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) that Member States consider amending the format and conduct of the session. Options could include holding a scaled-down, shortened session with the participation of New York-based delegations only, or postponing the session to a later date.
Tuesday, July 23, 2019
The Generation Equality Forum is a global gathering for gender equality, convened by UN Women and co-chaired by France and Mexico, with the leadership and partnership of civil society. The Forum will kick-off in Mexico City, Mexico, on 7-8 May 2020 and culminate in Paris, France, on 7-10 July 2020.
Monday, March 11, 2019
Spotlight on improving social protection, inadequate public services and gender-blind infrastructure; identifying policy actions critical to propel gender equality and transform women’s lives
Thursday, November 9, 2017
Ayah al-Wakil is a lawyer working at the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) in Gaza Strip. Going to the Shari'a court every day to file cases on behalf of survivors of violence has been her morning routine since 2015. In November 2015, she was selected as one of the four female lawyers for a training with the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights, supported by the UN Women/UNDP joint programme, to defend women's rights at the Shari'a court.
Monday, February 24, 2014
Speech by UN Women Deputy Executive Director Lakshmi Puri, delivered at the League of Arab States, in Cairo, 23 February 2014.